Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Year...New Me. ha!

Yep, I said the cliche...but I mean it. This the year I get my ass back into shape. After several years of constant change, I'm finally in a place where I'm pretty...good. No new jobs, I've been in grad school for awhile now, and I finally got the dog I wanted and have adjusted to life with her. I'm not going to be moving or getting new cars or...anything. The only thing that might come into my life is a dude, but I have no way of knowing one way or another on that.

So, let's play some catch-up on my WLJ the last half of 2015. At one point I got up to 197.4 (omg) but I kinda got my shit together over the summer and got down to 179.2 and other than a small gain that I immediately lose, I'm still hovering around 180. So, at least I have that success in my back pocket.

Also, I realized something about myself. When I focus on the scale, I get super crazy about things. And, emotional. I needed to figure out other things to measure in order to keep track of my success. Not waist measurements (although, I think those are probably good as well) but more a measure of my habits.

So, in 2016, instead of focusing on a weight loss goal, I'm going to focus on three, very manageable fitness and health goals:
  1. Track my food. This doesn't mean I have to get all crazy if I go over my points, I just have to track ANYTHING I put into my mouth so I can be conscious of it. I do a lot of mindless and stress eating and that's a good part of my weight gain. Forcing myself to track will, at very least, make me mindful of what I'm eating.
  2. Run/walk 500 miles this year. Only purposeful exercise counts - and no ellipticals. I did this challenge in 2011 - the year I hit goal. It was easier to focus on miles than minutes for me - and I ended up SMASHING the mileage. 
  3. Drink of glass of water with every meal. I know that I'm usually dehydrated - this will make me remember to get some regular water every day.
That's it. No forbidden foods. No weight goal by a certain time. Just, focus on my habits. If I do, the weight will come off on it's own.

What are some of your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment